We have nanos. Beginning to really start using these this year. As well as setting up listening centers in classrooms with them. (Belkin headphone "splitters" -- can connect 5 headsets to one iPod -- really nice!) Also--zamzar.com -- will convert text into MP3 files for you (tests, worksheets) without having to record it yourself. Keep in mind it does have the "computer" voice, though.