You might also have to tell me what vendors are selling those items, just in case I have to contact them if they are not already a vendor for the co-op.

Same thing goes for all of our AV Catalog ... if you have standardized on a product or mfg for certain items it would be good to know that.

Bud

On Oct 5, 2009, at 2:44 PM, Stanzel, Matt wrote:

I believe that the APC Symmetra line does on-line double-conversion. This is the route that we are moving in the future due, not only to the on-line functionality, but also because of the module-based layout (add more kVA later), redundancy and hot-swappable batteries.

From: Scott Fosseen [Prairie Lakes AEA] [mailto:sfoss...@aea8.k12.ia.us ]
Sent: Monday, October 05, 2009 2:29 PM
To: info-tech@aea8.k12.ia.us
Subject: Re: [info-tech] called up to the MAJORS

I am moving to recommending something other than APC for UPS units. The APC units are "Standby" (equipment runs on line power and quickly switches to inverter when needed) UPS. Not that I have had any real issues with them I like the Idea of "On-Line" UPS better where the UPS inverter is always supplying power to the equipment. They are also a little happier when connected to a back-up generator than Standby UPS units. CyberPower "Online Double Conversion" would be my recommendation.

http://www.cyberpowersystems.com/products/ups-systems/ups- selector.html

The software included allows for a single machine to connect via USB, then it will chain to any number of servers via software. So now if you have several servers on a single UPS all the servers can shut down gracefully in the event of a UPS low battery.

I have a couple installed and have been very happy with them.