Is it the "Verbose" boot mode?

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1253535

Try zapping the PRAM and see if that might turn it off.

Karl H. Hehr
Technology/Curriculum Director
South Hamilton CSD
www.s-hamilton.k12.ia.us
515.827.5418 (W)
515.209.9767 (C)
515.827.5368 (F)

Luddite by Degrees
1) Anything that is in the world when you're born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works. 2) Anything that's invented between when you're 15 and 35 is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it. 3) Anything invented after you're 35 is again the natural order of things

                                                        --- Douglas Adams