John O told me that the budget is the only thing that can be amended at a later
date but that it needs to still go towards your goal (ours is literacy).  So if
you don't spend it this year you can use it in the other years for purchases as
long as it goes toward your goals, etc.
Not sure if that helps of just confuses people - BTW:  I love the government :)

Thanks!

Jon W. Hueser- MSE, Ed. S

MS/HS Principal

Technology Director