On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 5:28 PM Gal Ben Haim <gbenh...@redhat.com> wrote:

> I will just add that since OST support multi-distro environment, each repo
> in the reposync file
> should have a distro suffix (for example "-el7"). This is needed in order
> to include only needed
> packages in the internal repo (the internal repo is where packages are
> being installed from during the tests).

OK, it would be nice to document that somewhere for OST doc.

> I've sent [1] as a follow up for [2].

I've just noticed that [1] is still not merged, so I've just rebased it. So
can it be merged?

> [1] https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/95570/
> [2] https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/95540/
>
> On Tue, Nov 20, 2018 at 3:18 PM Eyal Edri <ee...@redhat.com> wrote:

>>> Specific package whilelist for OST:
>>> https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/95542/1/basic-suite-master/pkgs.txt
>>>
>>> Everybody except your team always forgot that such thing exists, because
>>> it's specific in OST and we don't have that whitelist in oVirt. So we
>>> should really align OST repos to oVirt repos and don't add any additional
>>> logic into OST, otherwise developers works with different packages than OST
>>> and that could cause serious issues.
>>>

>> Let me try to explain a bit about the current files and status in OST, it
>> might help people understand more about how OST works:
>>
>> 1. pkgs.txt file
>>         - This file is used by the tool that autogenerates the reposync
>> files ( more accurately, the 'include' list per repo ), OST tests actually
>> don't use that file.
>>         - The file includes the list of all the top level pkgs that needs
>> to be installed as part of the tests, so the tool can automatically fetch
>> all its dependencies.
>>         - The list of pkgs there can't be easily fetched or automated, as
>> it will require to parse all tests which run 'yum update' somewhere and
>> also understand internal logics of oVirt like 'add host' and which
>> dependencies it needs.
>>         - This file doesn't get updated very often, it only needs
>> updating when a new top level dependency is needed for oVirt or the tests.
>>
>> 2. include list (aka whitelist) in reposync files
>>         - There is currently an automated job that runs each night and
>> auto updates the reposync file with latest updates.
>>         - The patches are being reviewed by Galit and Sandro on a daily
>> basis and the relevant fixes are applied to align the file as much as
>> possible ( i.e make sure pkgs are coming from the right repos ).
>>         - Once this tweaking process will be done, we could enable the
>> 'auto merge' feature and finally the reposync files will be auto updated
>> and we'll only have to intervene on a failure.
>>
>> I hope that it helps clear things up, I've also added Gal to give more
>> info on the tool or process if I missed anything.

OK, thanks a lot for explanation!

So from the above it seems that the problem was that qemu-kvm-ev 2.12 from
CentOS 7.6 CR introduced new dependencies, but it was probably added to the
repos after the tool that regenerates whitelists, and that's why there were
so many missing dependencies.