Hi Brynn,

yes, extensions would be very valuable indeed.

One thing we would have to do though, before we list them, is to check
each one on the list for compatibility with the latest Inkscape version,
or at least find out which one is the last version with which they are
compatible. Also we will probably not need to list those that come with
Inkscape (when 0.93 is released, we may have to add a few, then, see
Roadmap: http://wiki.inkscape.org/wiki/index.php/Roadmap).

Many extensions are no longer / not well maintained. And now, with the
changes to the extensions function calls in 0.91, many that worked for
years for 0.48.x don't work any more.

If their licence allows it, we could also consider to upload the working
ones to the website, and add a link to where they come from. Or better
to contact the author and ask them to upload to the website. Some kind
of 'central repository' would make it very easy for users to find what
they need.
But always, always we need to add a hint about the Inkscape version they
are known to work with, if we don't want to frustrate our users.

I think the developers have also been considering (as a far away
feature) a central repository that can be accessed from inside Inkscape,
like the plugins for Firefox (oh - that's the text from that Wiki page ;) ).

About the name: I don't know why Martin chose to call them 'Addons'. In
German, I just called them the same as the menu entry in Inkscape (there
isn't too much choice in German anyway, unless I want to use the English
term).

Regards,
 Maren