On Wed, Jan 16, 2019 at 07:27:47PM +0100, Patrick Storz wrote:
> Am 16.01.2019 um 03:55 schrieb Maren Hachmann:
> > I'd like to ask Marc, Patrick and Bryce to review the changes.
> > https://inkscape.org/contribute/report-bugs/
>
> Thanks for taking care of this!
>
> I've done some minor edits to simplify / clarify (among others I tried to
> give a short explanation on why there are two trackers but without getting
> too verbose). Feel free to cross-check and iterate!
>
> I guess we might want to include a link to the guide on how to migrate a bug
> once it's ready in the relevant line? (I think Chris was preparing one?)

That would be great to include when it's available.

> As a general note I'm afraid some users were lazy and didn't check properly
> for duplicates before. Having two trackers will likely not make that any
> more probable.

Yes, with two trackers in play, that's certainly going to be a concern.

(I tend not to mind if users post dupes - gitlab and launchpad make it
easy enough to mark bugs as dupes.  I'd rather have that then deal with
a user that incorrectly decides they have the same issue as an existing
report, when they don't, and end up sidetracking analysis discussion
with what is effectively just noise...)

> Even for everybody else it obviously involves additional
> effort. As I don't see a way to "solve" this (short of nuking or completely
> disregarding the old tracker)

Well, having a unified inbox on gitlab as you proposed may get us
partway towards something like that.  If we accept 0.92 bugs in gitlab
(for 0.92.4 and newer) then we can be more aggressive at discouraging
bug filing on launchpad - we can scrub all mention of it and all links
to it from all our public pages.

Bryce