Hello everyone,

On https://inkscape.org/develop/getting-started/, it is stated that

  "To commit source code, you will additionally need to set up SSH keys for your account".

When cloning using "g...@gitlab.com:inkscape/inkscape.git" however, SSH will be used. So setting up SSH first is required also for cloning, not only when committing. At least that is what I just ran into, please correct me if I'm wrong.

We have two options:
1) Tell our users to always setup SSH keys... basically asking them to jump through an additional hoop, which might scare inexperienced users
2) Tell the user to use clone using "https://github.com/inkscape/inkscape.git" instead.. in which case they will probably run into issues later on when they want to commit

Could someone please fix this, either way? I'm unsure which option would be preferred, and I don't have editing rights on the website anyway.

Best regards,

Diederik