Hi Friends,
When we first started moderating the gallery, I found an issue with images which "could have been" made with Inkscape, but I was suspicious they weren't. Then Martin suggested using reverse image search to try to identify these images. If we find the image on other websites, it gives us clues about whether it was made with Inkscape. And that has been working great, until recently.

Now, it seems like the people who like to post random, meaningless images around the internet, have caught on, and have figured out that if they put up an image which is not found in a reverse image search, we leave it there. It's often impossible for us to prove they didn't make it with Inkscape. I've left several images in the gallery lately, which I suspect weren't made with Inkscape. But there's just no way to prove it.

For example, there are 2 or 3 other images like this cow one. But they aren't found in a reverse image search. https://inkscape.org/~missym/%E2%98%85bee+1 Is there some way to "beat" a reverse image search?

(The search doesn't find that specific image, although Etsy seems to have a lot of generalized 'cow with bandana' images.)

Unless we want to just live with the fact of having images not made with Inkscape in the gallery, we (meaning mostly me, at least for now) might have to make some more subjective determinations about images. And that means getting it wrong sometimes, and sometimes hearing from members about removed images.

       Does anyone have any comments or suggestions?

Can someone remind me how to do a reverse image search on google? I've been using TinEye exclusively, but maybe using 2 different search engines would help? I know how to search images using a keyword, but not how to search using an actual image (URL).

       Thanks for any comments, suggestions :-)

brynn