----- Original Message ----- From: "Ry" <ryanblon...@gmail.com>
To: <inline@perl.org>
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2011 2:33 AM
Subject: On Inline::Python

Greetings,

I've been using Inline::Python (0.40) quite successfully in Ubuntu,
but I have not been able to compile it on Windows with Cygwin.  Is
there any way to get this to compile on Windows?  Any advice would be
appreciated.

Not sure what errors you're getting - I just gave it a try on Cygwin and also got nowhere :-(

I got "undefined references" to some symbols that I couldn't find in any of Cygwin's libraries. This probably just means that I need to add to my collection of Python packages - but a quick search of the list of avaialble Python packages for Cygwin has left me none the wiser. (I've never built Inline::Python - native Win32 looks even worse than Cygwin.)

You probably need to get in touch with Stefan (the current Inline::Python maintainer), and I'm not sure that he monitors this mailing list ... guess we'll just have to hang about and see if he does ;-)

If he doesn't reply here, see if you can contact him directly via email (with details of the problems you're facing).
Or, try going to
https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Dist/Display.html?Name=Inline-Python
and submitting a bug report.

Hmmm ... there's actually a couple of bug reports already there (#60245, #17779) that could perhaps be of some assistance to you ... I don't know ...

Cheers,
Rob