----- Original Message ----- From: "David Oswald" <daosw...@gmail.com>
To: <inline@perl.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2011 3:55 PM
Subject: Inline::CPP Namespaces.

Thanks to Rob for pointing the way to a patch to detect header
filenames.  With a few adaptations I've applied it to a dev. version
of Inline::CPP.

One thing I overlooked.
With one of the x64 Microsoft compilers that I have (namely, the one that ActiveState uses to build their x64 ActivePerl), it's necessary to link to bufferoverflowU.lib to build *any* executable.

With that compiler, your Inline-CPP-0.33_002 test executable fails to build (because of no linking to bufferoverflowU.lib) and the (wrong) decision is made that iostream.h is needed. This is not such a big deal in this particular instance, since this compiler has *both* iostream *and* iostream.h, but I see the potential here for a problem (eg, if there's an MS compiler somewhere out there that has only iostream, and also needs to link to bufferoverflowU.lib).

I'll try and come up with a solution to this - haven't succeeded yet. (MS compilers can be absolute shit to work with, and I try to avoid using them for that reason.)

I expect that this troublesome compiler would only be used with x64 ActivePerl builds - even then, it's rare.

Cheers,
Rob