On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 11:46:22AM +1100, Sisyphus wrote:

> [...]

If I understand this correctly then such a compiler couldn't compile:

int main() {
    return 0;
}

with a "default" command line.

So is a robust solution to try to compile and run the above, and if one
can't, to warn/bail out/something?

(and for extra paranoia, also compile the variant with return 1; and
verify that it has a different exit code)

Nicholas Clark