Thu Jan 23 23:40:23 2014: Request 92402 was acted upon.
Transaction: Correspondence added by LAWALSH
       Queue: Inline
     Subject: Re: [rt.cpan.org #92402] Inline asks interactive question -- but
doesn't have keyboard
   Broken in: (no value)
    Severity: Important
       Owner: Nobody
  Requestors: pa...@tlinx.org
 Ticket <URL: https://rt.cpan.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=92402 >

David J. Oswald via RT wrote:
> if ($ENV{PERL_MM_USE_DEFAULT} || (!$isa_tty && eof STDIN)) {
----
Why is it testing eof on STDIN?  That seems wrong.

my setup is in regenerating modules that need to be reinstalled/upgraded or
whatever...

usually something like:

cat /tmp/outdatedmodules|(either a while look if I want to do them 1 at
a time, or .. lately been trying xargs -- the blockages happen either way).

in xarg case:
cat /tmp/mods|xargs -n1 -P8 cpan -i

would be a sample line... I'm not sure what xargs does...but a similar
cat /tmp/mods|while read mod;do
cpan -i "$mod"
done

will create the same type of error (Inline hasn't been the only mod I've
seen this on -- wasn't until I looked into it to try to see why.

I don't see a CPAN option to "take the default" in the config  or in cpan's
o config options.  Is it documented somewhere?

> Is it possible that you've got something waiting on STDIN, so the "eof STDIN"
> test fails?
---
    Given there is stdin supplying the list of mods to be built, it is
not impossible -- but I wouldn't think stdin from the input file would be
passed unaltered directly into cpan...