I recently received a patch that makes Inline::CPP compatible with FreeBSD
versions 10 or newer.  FreeBSD, as of v10 switched from g++ to clang++ as
the C++ compiler.  Thank you to Graham Ollis for the RT report and the
patch(es) to fix it.

I'm still seeing considerable challenges for what appears to be vanilla
GNU/Linux.  I cannot replicate them on any of my Ubuntu systems.  But
anyone looking at the CPAN testers FAIL reports will see that a large
percentage of Linux tests are coming back as FAILs.

See the graph at http://static.cpantesters.org/distro/I/Inline-CPP.html for
an example, and click on any of the FAILs to see an example report.

The CPAN Testers Analytics don't seem (to me) to be pointing to anything
useful as the problem:
http://analysis.cpantesters.org/solved?distv=Inline-CPP-0.48

If there's anyone on the Inline list who is able to replicate the failure,
I would really appreciate your feedback and hopefully insight.

One thing that I have considered is that many Linux distros (including
mine) don't come with the g++ front end to the GNU compiler installed by
default.  I don't think that's the issue we're seeing, but just to play it
safe I could execute "which g++" in Makefile.PL for any system that
professes to use the GNU toolchain, and if that comes up empty, I can die
with a useful configuration message.  I guess that can't hurt, but I'm not
convinced that it would get me any closer to resolving the problem.

Hoping for a miracle (since this level of madness is nearly
indistinguishable from magic;)

Dave

--

David Oswald