# from David Oswald on Saturday 01 February 2014:
>One thing that I have considered is that many Linux distros (including
>mine) don't come with the g++ front end to the GNU compiler installed
>by default.

Hi Dave,

That would be my guess but I haven't seen an error message which
indicates this.

  http://www.cpantesters.org/distro/I/Inline-CPP.html

The fail reports there all seem to involve faulty assumptions attempting
to rmdir, unlink, or similar operations on the fs.

 "mv: cannot ...", "Directory not empty", "No such file or directory",
 "Can't open Makefile for input: No such file or directory"

These all probably relate to failing to check a return from a prior
system operation or system/backtick call.  Some of that may be in the
core Inline but IIRC Inline::CPP had quite a lot of borrowed code, so
you might just be lacking fixes which have gone into Inline::C after the
copy-pasting.

 "Perl API version v5.19.7 of _02basic_t_bc900f6 does not match v5.18.0"

That one sounds like a specific issue involving the tester's setup/env.
It may or may not be worth trying to detect/workaround that case.

Many of the smoke testers are willing to help diagnose the problem or
give you more details about how they have it setup if you contact them
directly.

--Eric