Hi Rob,

> On 23 May 2017, at 10:05 am, <sisyph...@optusnet.com.au>
> <sisyph...@optusnet.com.au> wrote:

I am likely to provide regular updates here as the work progresses. I expect
the first release to be quite primitive but functional.

>> The module will only work for compilers that are compliant with the FORTRAN
>> 2003 standard and above.
>
> With gfortran (from gcc-7.1.0) I tried:
>
> C:\_32>gfortran -f2003 -c demo.f -o demo.o
> gfortran: error: unrecognized command line option '-f2003'
>
> I gather this indicates that gcc's gfortran is not compliant with the FORTRAN
> 2003 standard ?

gfortran is definitely compliant with the FORTRAN 2003 standard. The option to
use is "-std=f2003".

The option "-f2003" is relevant only to the commercial NAG FORTRAN compiler.

You could even use the "g95" compiler. Even though g95 is not fully 2003
compliant, it does offer full support for C Interoperability. If you intend to
try g95, use the option "-std=f2003".