As a famous physicist once said when the discovery of the muon was announced,
"Who ordered that?"

In other words, I don't understand the use case that motivated this.
In the Introduction, I find:

  "By encapsulating the Softwire
   service traffic into an UDP tunnel and using the source port of the
   UDP header as an entropy field, the existing load-balancing
   capability as mentioned above can be leveraged to provide fine-
   grained load-balancing of Softwire service traffic traffic over IP
   networks."

What is meant by "the Softwire service traffic"? Does it just mean a
bunch of traffic from a single customer? Why does it all need a
common header for load balancing? The individual microflows in the
traffic will all get load-balanced anyway.

I trust we are only talking about IPv6. If we're talking about IPv4, we
certainly shouldn't be developing new methods. If we're talking about
IPv6, we have the flow label for this (and it avoids tricky problems
like finding the transport header in the presence of extension headers).
That's already covered in RFC 6438 for any kind of tunnel, although
IP in IP seems a lot simpler than IP in UDP in IP.

(If you really must do IPv4, IPv4 in IPv6 could still be load-balanced
as per RFC 6438, I guess.)

   Brian