On 7/19/2017 10:39 PM, mohamed.boucad...@orange.com wrote:
> Hi Joe,
>
> The text can always be worked out. This is not an IETF LC :)
Agreed - I was explaining that the current text - and many of the
confusing.

> The main point is that we are following your suggestion to define the
> solution as an application proxy using a dedicated port number.
As feedback for the doc, that could be made more explicit, including in
the title (this is an application proxy, not typically referred to as
middleboxes).

That also includes limiting the doc to using TCP app-layer APIs and
describing any behavior that *might* happen at the segment level as just
that - hypothetical, perhaps desired, but NOT the mechanism being proposed.

FWIW.

Joe