Thank you for bringing this proposal forward.  I think it is an interesting idea worth developing.

A couple of small points that I think it would be helpful to clarify.

I believe that there is no intent to require that all limited domains using RFC 8754 also used the TD Ethertype defined by this draft?  I fear some folks could read the wording that fail-closed domains require this Ethertype to be trying to say that all limited domains requrie that.  While I would like all SRv6 domains to use the new Ethertype, I do not think we are or should require that.

I also think that the draft would benefit from calling out an implied deployment requirement.  All Routers which are on SRv6 domains inside the fail-closed path will need to be upgraded to handle the new Ethertype, including both accepting packets with the new Ethertype, and properly generate outgoing packets with the new Ethertype.  Even though they themselves are not processing the SRH (nor adjusting any compressed SRv6 SID.)  I think for many domains this restriction is helpful in making clear to the operator where they are deploying the new technology.  We need to state it.

Yours,

Joel