From: Ron Bonica <rbonica=40juniper....@dmarc.ietf.org>
Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 8:13 PM
To: Carlos Pignataro <cpign...@gmail.com>, Bob Hinden <bob.hin...@gmail.com>
Cc: int-area@ietf.org <int-area@ietf.org>
Subject: [Int-area] Re: New Version Notification for
draft-bonica-intarea-icmp-op-exp-00.txt
Folks,

Agree. BCP is better.

                     Ron

Juniper Business Use Only

________________________________
From: Carlos Pignataro <cpign...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2024 10:06 AM
To: Bob Hinden <bob.hin...@gmail.com>
Cc: tom petch <ie...@btconnect.com>; Ron Bonica <rbon...@juniper.net>;
int-area@ietf.org <int-area@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Int-area] Re: New Version Notification for
draft-bonica-intarea-icmp-op-exp-00.txt

[External Email. Be cautious of content]

Hi Bob, Tom,

> On Jun 21, 2024, at 01:06, Bob Hinden <bob.hin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Tom,
>
>> On Jun 20, 2024, at 3:49 AM, tom petch <ie...@btconnect.com> wrote:

I agree with this assessment.

Certainly no Standards Track, BCP-but-not-fully-quite.

> I appreciate the work the authors put into this to summarize all of the
> related ICMP RFCs, that is useful.    However, I am not yet convinced that
> this can achieve its goal listed above.    If published, it’s also going to
> need to be updated every time a new ICMP related RFC is published.

At the same time, I can see this document being useful published as
Informational. I do not see a default need to update it with every ICMP-related
RFC, but maybe batching meaningful or significant changes. I wonder if there’s
a loose parallel with the tcp roadmap Informational RFC, which is even cited
from the tcp spec.

Thanks!

Thumb typed by Carlos Pignataro.
Excuze typofraphicak errows