On 10.08.2011 20:16, Felix Miata wrote:
On 2011/08/10 19:58 (GMT+0200) Oliver Seitz composed:

Felix Miata wrote:

On 2011/08/10 14:15 (GMT+0200) Oliver Seitz composed:

Configuration of software is not done through conf files anymore, it is
done using hardware. If autodetection gives values you do not want, you
have to alter the hardware.

I can't imagine people trying to configure multihead without .conf
files. How's that supposed to work?

I've been exaggerating a bit, I must confess... But, to keep things
straight, I really did multihead setup using xrandr in a startup script.

You think mere mortals are going to find startup scripts, not to mention
xrandr, easier to figure out than config files?

No. I described this situation because it annoys me. I do not like it at all. Nevertheless I have to cope with it in some way as I can't modify the drivers.

Greets,
Kiste