Quoting Lionel Landwerlin (2017-11-16 16:00:03)
> With the introduction of asymetric slices in CNL, we cannot rely on
> the previous SUBSLICE_MASK getparam. Here we introduce a more detailed
> way of querying the Gen's GPU topology that doesn't aggregate numbers.
>
> This is essential for monitoring parts of the GPU with the OA unit,
> because signals need to be accounted properly based on whether part of
> the GPU has been fused off. The current aggregated numbers like
> EU_TOTAL do not gives us sufficient information.
>
> Here is the sysfs layout on a Skylake GT4 :
>
> /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:02.0/drm/card0/topology/

Ok, bikeshedding time!

We already use topology in conjunction with DP-MST, so at a toplevel
this would be confusing.

I would start with a gt/ dir for all of this info.

Is this subslicing only for the render unit; are all platforms going to
have the same fusing across all units? At the least, I thought we would
be able to configure the powergating of the different slices on the
different units. It seems a logical extension that fusing would be
similar.
-Chris