On 4/9/2018 12:53 PM, Chris Wilson wrote:
Quoting Oscar Mateo (2018-04-06 23:24:57)
Inherit workarounds from previous platforms that are still valid for
Icelake.
Speaking of the workarounds, where do we stand with at least landing the
split out of init_workarounds_ring()?

Rebuilding the invariant wa_regs[] on every reset is annoying, and how
many of the general mmio need to be reemitted everytime? I would dearly
like to get the flow of the gt/context workarounds improved.
-Chris

I'm afraid we stand nowhere. The latest patches I sent were sidetracked by a conversation about where i915.rst should reside:

https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/206937/
https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/206557/

I can try once more, see if I am more lucky this time around?