Hi Joseph et al !

Joseph Hiddink wrote:

Giving something away for free is never
appreciated as I found out the hard way.
I agree with you absolutely.

Do not give a fish, give a fishing rod and let
them catch a fish themselves is the better way.
And thank you for a loan of YOUR fishing rod Joseph.
With it I have since made a couple of variations of your "single plate capacitor".

The last one was about nine inches in diameter, and in addition, it was carefully coated with several layers of clear gloss insulating varnish. I supported it from the inside on a plastic rod insulator, and mounted a specially designed external element, for the collection and transfer of "free atmospheric electrons".

It had only been charged up for a minute or two when, much to my surprise, there was a loud 'crack', and in the corner of my eye I saw an electric spark leap out of nowhere, onto the collection element. The spark was about three eighths to half an inch long . It made such a noise that my wife clearly heard it in an adjacent room and wondered "what I'd blown up this time" . :-)

I have since had to put it aside temporarily. (1) to give its practical applications some more thought, and (2) to finish a new variation of a motionless electric generator that I'm making for a close friend. It uses resonant toggled fields rather than the switched magnetic fields of a conventional MEG.

So once again, thank you for the fishing rod Joseph. When I've got it all under control, and it's heating the element in my hot water cylinder, I'll let you know.

Regards,

S. R.
"There is nothing as deceptive as an obvious fact,"
Sherlock Holmes .