Hi,

I am trying to figure out my host application's window geometry reliably and am struggling a bit.

I use QApplication.activeWindow().geometry() to drive my custom widget's geometry (I need to sit exactly on top of the host application). All works fine and my widget sits exactly on top of the host application window, until the host app is scaled by dragging one of it's sides out or in. After that QApplication.activeWindow().geometry() still returns the same exact position, though the size is correct, resulting in an offset for my widget. Turns out scaling windows on OSX by dragging their edges doesn't seem to update QApplication.activeWindow().pos()

As soon as I grab the title bar and move the host app a tiny bit, QApplication.activeWindow().pos() seems to be updated correctly.

Is there a fix/workaround for this?

Cheers,
frank

--