Hi All,

I am attempting to utilize the Qt Installer Framework for our company's software. I am just starting out and am running into some issues.

I uploaded the generated repo to our website, and linked the repo in the installer. When I run the installer and attempt to fetch the remote repo tree, it returns this:

   "Cannot retrieve remote tree. "

Using the --verbose option, it says this:

   [1744] Network error while downloading

'http://www.spikegadgets.com/downloads/onlinesoftwarerepo/Updates.xml?-763156944':
   Error transferring

http://www.spikegadgets.com/downloads/onlinesoftwarerepo/Updates.xml?-763156944
   - server replied: Not Acceptable.
   [1745] Cannot fetch a valid version of Updates.xml from repository
   "": "unexpected character"
   [1751] Cannot retrieve remote tree .

You can even go to the link above in a browser and see that it is uploaded properly.

I sniffed out the HTTP request and it showed that the IFW sent this:

   GET /downloads/onlinesoftwarerepo/Updates.xml?-915259074 HTTP/1.1
   Connection: Keep-Alive
   Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
   Host: www.spikegadgets.com

So I have absolutely no experience in web servers and HTTP requests and such. The website and FTP was set up for us, which I used to upload the repo. To me, the issue seems to be that the Installer framework is sending a HTTP request for an encoding that doesn't make sense ("Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate" for a .xml file?).

Is there something I am missing? Doing wrong? What should I look into to fix this?

Kevin