Am Mo., 17. Dez. 2018 um 08:37 Uhr schrieb Amr Kamal <amrkamal2...@gmail.com>:
> when Downloading the last version of QT 5.12.0 it only provides MinGW 64bit
> for windows  which makes some problem with previous projects that used 32bit
> version especially if there is any kind of third-party library, at the same
> time the need of using one updated version from QT, because of that the only
> solution now, is to compile it with MinGW 32bit which takes a very long time,
> need a lot of dependencies, and most of the users can't do this, or using old
> versions of QT.
> so please consider this suggestion in the next version, as it's very needed
> one it's great to have a 64bit version but 32 is very good working on all
> platforms.

Is there any actual reason why you can't use the prebuilt MSVC
binaries for MSVC 2017? I have had far more issues with MinGW than
with MSVC in the past, and MSVC 2017 (version 15.9) is IMHO the far
superior compiler, compared to MinGW: Build speed, application
performance and system library support are much better in my case, not
to forget the "native" pdb debug files which are needed for a few
other debugging tools which you don't want to miss (ETW, profilers,
post-mortem debugging, ...).
IANAL, but the express version
https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/de/vs/express/ which still exists
for VS2017 should be OK even for commercial use cases?