On 2020-02-05 16:32, maitai wrote:

Hi Rainer,

Unfortunately your suggestion didn't work

I have added in my pro file:

win32:QMAKE_LFLAGS+=/CLRTHREADATTRIBUTE:MTA
and I can see the option in the link command (I also tried the 2 other
possibilities STA and NONE of course), but that does not fix anything.

My feeling is that it does not come fromCoInitializeEx() finally, because anyway in regular builds we are calling it at the very beginning of main, before creating QApplication or QNetworkManager, so the threading model should be already determined.

Hi, I've seen similar discussions re. COM threading model and Qt, mostly though they are about QFileDialog and not QNetworkManager, anyways one solution seems to be to call CoUninitialize when switching the threading model, more for example here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46581081/qt-qfiledialog-create-unknown-com-object-and-security

P.S. Also that linker switch /CLRTHREADATTRIBUTE:MTA isn't that mostly for .NET programs?