On 8/5/20 6:54 pm, Florian Bruhin wrote:

On Fri, May 08, 2020 at 08:51:19AM +0000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
On 8/5/20 5:13 pm, Fabrice Mousset | GEOCEPT GmbH wrote:
Perhaps you should use QString::localeAwareCompare() ?

Thanks, I didn't know about that. Maybe the QString::compare() documentation
could mention it...
 From https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qstring.html#compare :

   Case sensitive comparison is based exclusively on the numeric Unicode values
   of the characters and is very fast, but is not what a human would expect.
   Consider sorting user-visible strings with localeAwareCompare().

Oh thanks, I'm at 0/2 today it seems. I looked at the compare() overload I'm using and missed this reference further up.

localeAwareCompare() is working as expected.

Hamish