On 9/5/20 12:35 am, Thiago Macieira wrote:

On Friday, 8 May 2020 05:05:43 PDT Hamish Moffatt wrote:

localeAwareCompare() is working as expected.

Unfortunately, it doesn't allow the case sensitivity to be specified (unlike QCollator::compare() and QString::compare()), which makes it less useful than it could be.

Consider QCollator too.

Thanks, that solves my next problem of how to compare in locales other than the default.

I notice that QString::localeAwareCompare() internally uses a QCollator, which it defines as;

Q_GLOBAL_STATIC(QThreadStorage<QCollator>, defaultCollator)

Why does it need an instance per thread?

Hamish