Am 11.06.2020 17:32 schrieb Christoph Cullmann:

Hi,

I think a lot of developers/companies will have pain because of this,
if they have

1) some large customers staying on Windows 7 until really EOL for them

Not really an opinion about this but this changelog entry from a release two weeks ago came to mind. "Updated the included Qt library to version 4.8.7." ;) ... And that company has a big market share.

In the industry lots of companies lag behind ... a ... bit. But I would suspect those who lag behind with their Windows version to also do not mind lagging behind with their Qt versions. And since Qt 5.15 will be supported for quite some time ... But as I said, I am not in favor of or against one or another.

Do you have a customer who actually runs on Windows 7 and is otherwise eager to jump on Qt6 in its early releases? I mean, maintaining old Windows versions will double in price every year now, so there's some pressure at least.

Cheers
Frederik