On 6/13/20 5:00 AM, interest-requ...@qt-project.org wrote:
Yes, anyone needing to support Win 7 can still use Qt 5, which is what's
going to happen for several more years at least. I though one of the
goals for Qt 6 was quicker adaptation than the Qt 4 -> 5 migration.
  From this move, and everything I've seen discussed on the devs list
lately, I just don't see that happening. Seems like one breaking change
after another (even if each individual one is relatively minor, they add
up quickly).

Well, if your only focus is phones, abandoning the desktop and embedded systems world, they definitely will have quicker adoption in the phone market. Everybody else will have to quickly jump ship.

I wonder what KDE will do?

--
Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions