Hello Steven

Hope I'm not too late - I have only just read your message (and the
replies from Eva and Deborah)

French fries is the best I think; everyone would understand that.  Chips
could be misleading to US speakers.

As far as the meat is concerned, 'minced beef' to me indicates 'loose'
meat cooked in gravy, not pressed together into a hamburger shape.
(Contrary to what Eva wrote, minced beef and chips i.e. french fries is
a well-known dish here in the UK and would not look odd  to a UK English
speaker.)  So it all depends on whether your 'steak haché' is an actual
hamburger (in which case Deborah is right) or if it is 'steak in
chopped-up form', which would be 'minced beef' in UK English but 'ground
beef' (I think) in the US.  'Hamburger steak'  avoids the issue quite
nicely ...

Jill