On Nov 4, 2012, at 11:53, dhamwey <im-talk-...@dartware.com>
 wrote:

> How do it manage my log and chart files so they do not build up in the
> folders?  I have tried manually deleting the old files, but it seems they are
> always restored.  My Intermapper storage is getting huge and I need to make
> it manage these files to prevent the backup from taking forever.

You use the retention policies setup.  it's not named all that clearly, but the
 first few columns are about your chart data, the parts about how long to keep
5 minute, 1 hour, 1 day, etc. data, and then the last column (actually called
"chart data") is whether or not to send it over to intermapper reports.

the problem is making changes there only affects new charts.  once you have the
policy you want, you have to go back to each map, and adjust the existing chart
policies to change them.

after you've done that, then you can clean up the stuff you don't want.

--
-debbie
Debbie Fligor, n9dn       Lead Network Engineer, CITES, Univ. of Il