Hi Joe,

Thanks for the note. This code is close to accurate. But there's a better
source of the modifications to the web pages files. These changes will be
incorporated in an upcoming release of InterMapper, but you can snag them now.
The github repository at this URL contains the files that you need.

https://github.com/richb-intermapper/AckFromWebPages/tree/master/PerMapHTML

There are two ways to use these files (which work perfectly with InterMapper
5.6 and newer):

1) If you have not modified any (other) files in the Web Pages directory,
simply download the zip version (there's a "ZIP" button on the github page),
unzip the archive, and move all the contents into the InterMapper Settings "Web
Pages" directory, alongside the BuiltinWebPages.zip file.

2) If you have made modifications to other files in the Web Pages directory,
the zip file from github contains seven files in the PerMapHTML directory that
have been modified for acking from the web. They are:
        !device.html
        !link.html
        !network.html
        !template.html
        bluebarjs.html
        bluebarnolinks.html
        bluebarplain.html
You'll need to merge them into to the Web Pages : PerMapHTML folder along with
any of your changes.

NB: You never need to modify the BuiltinWebPages.zip file (in either of these
cases). That file is a read-only file, recreated whenever InterMapper does
*not* find that  file when it restarts the web server.

I would like to hear how these work out for you.

Rich Brown                    rich.br...@intermapper.com
InterMapper                   http://www.intermapper.com
66-7 Benning Street           Telephone: 603-643-9600
West Lebanon, NH 03784-3407   Fax: 603-643-2289

On May 18, 2013, at 6:21 PM, joec <im-talk-...@dartware.com> wrote:

> nete wrote:
>> Finally figured it out.  Just paste the following lines into the
>> ../Intermapper/Intermapper Settings/Web Pages/PerMapHTML/!device.html file:
>>
>> <FORM METHOD="POST"
>> ACTION="https://${httplocaladdress}${httpinstancepath}/*acknowledge.cgi?message=Ack'd%20via%20Web%20on%20${date}%20${time}%20by%20${httpuserid}">
>>      <INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" VALUE="Ack">
>> </FORM>
>>
>> And you'll have a handy ACK button for the device displayed.
>

> When i attempt to modify file as suggested by Nete, and re-zip the
> BuiltinWebpages directory, i receive the following error as soon as i login
> in to the Web Portal:
>
> "[Not found: /guest/!invalid_path.html]"
>

> Im running the following version "Version 5.6.8 (i386/Linux, Build D4181)
> Built on Apr 18 2013."
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> joe
>

> -------------------- m2f --------------------
>
> Read this topic online here:
> http://forums.intermapper.com/viewtopic.php?p=4359#4359

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including attachments, may include
confidential and/or proprietary information, and may be used only by the person
or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this e-mail is not the
intended recipient or his or her authorized agent, the reader is hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender
by replying to this message and delete this e-mail immediately.