At 19:13 27.03.2003, Andi Gutmans wrote:
At 06:55 PM 3/27/2003 +0100, Timm Friebe wrote:
On Thu, 2003-03-27 at 18:45, Brian Moon wrote:
> Ok, sorry, I have been off the ZE2 list for a while (just joined back).
>
> Where is there more info on what the type hints do in ZE2. I am curious as
> I wrote the RFC.

Zend/ZEND_CHANGES includes a section about type hints.

I suggested allowing NULLs, too, and (following a suggestion by Marcus
Börger) implemented a special syntax denoting NULL may also be passed.
The implementation probably sucks, leaks memory or does something else
which is really evil; it works for me, though:)

I must admit that I am still undecided on the NULL issue :)

So what are your thought's here?

I for one do not see any usage in allowing NULL for parameters passed by reference.

marcus