WF>> Type hinting, if it causes a bail-out, renders the scripts
WF>> non-portable to (the growing number of) applications that intend to
WF>> stick around for longer than a short web-request.

Well, I do not completely understand how it is "non-portable". If the
script calls "hinted" function with wrong parameters, it is a fatal error
- I see no sane (meaning, safe not for your particular application, but
for all of them) way to continue from here except for saying the user
"Well, doh!" and exiting. That's like calling function with wrong name -
how can you continue from there and expect it works?

--
Stanislav Malyshev, Zend Products Engineer
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.zend.com/ +972-3-6139665 ext.109