From: Simeon Koptelov [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 10:37 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re[2]: [PHP-DEV] PHP compiler

Hello Jeremy,

JSJ> No that is not what I meant. What I meant is so when you write an
JSJ> application using PHP-GTK you could distribute a single executable
JSJ> instead of the current method. Personally the current method
JSJ> doesn't bother me, but to a laymen user it is not what they are
JSJ> used to and causes issues. I am not looking for a speed improvement

JSJ> really, just a useability improvement for those who choose PHP is
JSJ> equally as suited to desktop applications as it is to web
JSJ> applications.

JSJ> Jeremy

Then the jar-like archives is all that we really need :) And in web apps
this will be very handy too.

There's no need in PHP code compilation in this case -- you simply pack
all package files and dirs in one archive using tar+bz2 or zip or
something else.

--
Best regards,
 Simeon                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]