At 05:15 PM 10/29/2003 +0100, Derick Rethans wrote:
On Wed, 29 Oct 2003, Andi Gutmans wrote:

> At 04:02 PM 10/29/2003 +0000, Peter Dishman wrote:
> > > How is this a BUG? It's just a feature on windows where you have
> > > case-insensitive filenames. I fyou want to handle that, just use one
> > > style in your code (ie, always lower case).
> >
> >I take it then this is unlikely to change in the future? Fair enough I
> >suppose.
> >However if I create a patch/diff that changes this behaviour on windows is
> >there any
> >chance it would be accepted or will the status quo be maintained?
>
> I think it would be a good idea to fix this.
> I'm going to discuss this matter with Zeev and I'll get back to you.

Isn't this in a hash key which is case sensitive? Then the only
possibility would be to always lower case it... which is a 'weird' fix
for this. I really wonder why this should be fixed in code. Why would
you want to use "require_once("FoO.php"); " in one script, and
require_once("FOO.PHP") a little bit down? It's just something of
keeping style in a script which is definitely not a bad thing. I'd say
that time could better be spend on real fixes...

No I was not thinking about lower casing (although that is an option). I was wondering if it's possible to do something like realpath() in Windows which gives you the pretty name (the case preserving name). We could then use that and it would look good in error messages too.

Andi