At 10:27 31.10.2003, Andi Gutmans wrote:
At 11:07 PM 10/30/2003 -0400, Ilia Alshanetsky wrote:
On October 30, 2003 05:48 pm, Andi Gutmans wrote:
> Yeah, I also thought of that but I don't really want to do run-time checks.
> It is a possibility though.

If it is done once during startup, the 'harm' should be minimal and in vast
majority of cases performance on win32 is not really that much of an issue.
In persistent environment it won't even be felt.

Yeah, we'd obviously do it once and save a flag. I just meant it's ugly but I can live with it.

Some runtime checks for "undocumented" functions in SunONE webserver are also in /sapi/nsapi.c at module startup. The function pointer is then in a global variable: http://lxr.php.net/source/php-src/sapi/nsapi/nsapi.c#218

On the other hand do we really wish to continue supporting an operating system
that has been abandoned by it's developer?

Its customers haven't abandoned it because its developers want muchos $$$ for upgrades :)

Andi

----- Uwe Schindler [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://www.php.net NSAPI SAPI developer Erlangen, Germany