At 08:01 PM 11/5/2003 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I noticed that echo $object statements in PHP 5 display object ids that are kept by the engine, so this data is already in the string form and it is data that exists. As for as a use for this feature, one can't easily say there is not a use; there have been times when I wished to have this feature --though I usually found some other way to do it, but this idea is intuitive.

I didn't say there's no use but I think it's limited and can be implemented by typing adding ->key().
As mentioned in the past, the id's of objects aren't unique. They are only unique in their object group, and thus, shouldn't be used as keys. And frankly, I prefer not to expose internals to the PHP developer.

Andi