This one time, at band camp, "Wolfgang Drews" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > I agree. I think we need to take care of this. I wouldn't count
> > on any one
> > company for this (although this is also important).
> > How about the people from internals@ who made changes volunteer to write
> > about their changes?
>
> nice idea, but you and i both know how lazy people get, when they have
> to write docs or articles instead of producing awesome code ;). I really
> would like to see Zend doing such a campaign, not because i think you are
> responsible to do so, but because it should be/is worth the money for your
> company (roi).

Writing docs and articles is time consuming and difficult for developers to
fit in php development along with a job to get some money to eat.
Is there a list of the major changes? eg
libxml2
domxml
new OO goodness
sqlite bundled
more??

I will get something started if you like, the weight of having each of the
developers do something on top of the standard docs would be a little
excessive. But I agree it would be nice to have a 'What to expect from PHP5'
article out there. Or perhaps a series of of articles on the most important
features?

Just my $0.02
Kevin

--