Zeev Suraski wrote:

Now, while popping mail over a 24,000bps modem in some hotel in Tokyo, I just saw that Andi suggested that we go for Beta 3 around Nov 30. To be honest - again, given the relative lack of wide feedback for the betas - I don't think it will be very beneficial, but I don't think it'll do any harm either. I think we should still try and aim for RC1 for Dec 15, unless we get major negative feedback for B2 or B3 by that time.

Maybe I am mistaken, but I just though of that this morning...

I was reading some slides from Rasmus yesterday, and I was looking at a graph about Op-Codes compilation/cache. I then asked myself how it would be done in PHP5.

Will it be possible with ZE2 to use IonCube PHP4/Zend Cache and APC? If is it pertinent, how could developpers of those extensions port their code to the new ZE2? Would it require some sort of API freeze in ZE2?

If ZE2 needs to be freezed for those extensions to be ported, maybe it would be a good idea to release RC1 ASAP.

Oliver
--
GB/E/IT d+ s+:+ a-- C++$ UL++++$ P++++ L+++$ E- W++$ N- ?o ?K w--(---) !O M+$ V- PS+ PE- Y PGP t++ 5-- X+@ R- tv++ b++(+++) DI++++ D+ G++ e+>++ h(*) r y+(?)