On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 10:42:33 +0100 (CET)
Derick Rethans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, Sebastian Bergmann wrote:
>
> > Derick Rethans wrote:
> > > -[6] Method names follow the 'studlyCaps'
> >
> >   This is insane.
> >
> >   Whether you like it or not, most people who use programming
> >   languages that support the paradigm of object-orientation use
> >   studlyCaps (or whatever you want to call them).
>
> It was not agreed on that this is a REQUIREMENT for all code, that's
> why I removed it.

Not to raise the flame again, but I think you are wrong here.

See http://pear.php.net/news/meeting-2003-summary.php. Especially this
line:
"PHP object-oriented APIs should follow the PEAR coding standards."
on which we agreed even before the meeting. Method names following
PEAR CS must use studlyCaps:
http://pear.php.net/manual/en/standards.naming.php

Meeting where you, Sebastian Bergmann, Hartmut Holzgraefe, Jeroen
Houben, Wolfram Kriesing, Jan Lehnardt, George Schlossnagle,
Lukas Smith, Markus Wolff and Jani were present (add those I forgot ;)
), and all people online via IRC.

And now I'm wondering why that suddenly becomes ugly and, as pointed
Sebastion, why PHP should follow different things than 99.9999% of
others OO langages.

pierre
reading 10k pending mails ... :P