On Dec 3, 2003, at 1:01 PM, Jani Taskinen wrote:
On Wed, 3 Dec 2003, Edin Kadribasic wrote:
On Wednesday, Dec 3, 2003, at 10:12 Europe/Copenhagen, Derick Rethans
wrote:
derick Wed Dec 3 04:12:39 2003 EDT

  Modified files:
    /php-src    CODING_STANDARDS
  Log:
  - I am sure I reverted this before

No you didn't. Care to elaborate on this change?

What I understood from quickly reading all posts, this was just a removal of requirement to use suckCaps ?

So anyone is free to do either..why is this a problem?

I just want to scream ENOUGH.

There is religion, and there is constancy. Religion fights for it own way, in spite of all prior beliefs.

These threads keep getting religious. If someone prefers to use underscores, or StudlyCaps, it does not deny god, it does not mean the downfall of civilization, it does not mean millions of coder hours are obsolete. It will not make the human race extinct.

If it means OO programmers are too inflexible, to rigid, too clueless, to use other conventions, so be it. If the latest fad was Studly_Underscored_Caps, and coding language X required or preferred it, so what? Python freaks out over whitespace, so why should PHP freak out over caps? Alias the damn code. Create a standard where super_function_foo and SuperFunctionFoo must both work. It's not a lot of extra lines. If Studly&Caps&Coding dominates later, we can shift to that.

"This isn't rocket surgery!" :-)

-Bop