> - insert a symlink on the cvs server direcly
>
> Yeah we came up with that solution at the end.

    That must have been difficult, considering its extensive
    discussion on this list in the past. :-)

> Except sqlite module
> already used PHP_4_3 branch so when Jani deleted it it went missing.

    I did not see a post on internals or even systems regarding
    this matter.  Did you 'decide' this on IRC?

> Eventually we had to come up with PECL_4_3 branch so that php4 users
> could use sqlite.
>
> I see this as one big mess. Don't you?

    Nope.  It is very strict, it is the same procedure for every
    module, it is clearly defined.  No mess at all.

    - Sascha