On 2003/12/13, at 10:13, Ilia Alshanetsky wrote:

It also seems to me that if you are going to be multibyte inputs you'd have
either iconv or mbstring extension enabled.

Which input? If you are talking about form inputs, we rarely need the functionality (mbstring.encoding_conversion). That is needed when the encoding in which a script is written and the one the form uses to submit to the script. Such situation might look weird to you, but it happens in case the output of the script is automagically translated by mb_output_handler().

Please take a look at the relevant documentations.

Moriyoshi