Derick Rethans wrote:
Why print and no echo? ;-) (Or was it the same again...)

I hope print and echo will be treated the same. It looks like right now __toString() is never called automatically, I just updated from CVS and I get "Object id #1" for the example program.

BTW: The example in Zend/ZEND_CHANGES is outdated:

Example:

        <?php
            class Foo {
                function __toString() {
                    return "What ever";
                ^^^ a "}" is missing
            }

            $obj = Foo;
                   ^^^ should be "new Foo"

            $str = (string) $obj; // call __toString()
            ^^^ This line should be removed I guess

            echo $obj; // call __toString()
            ^^^ should mention print too I guess
        ?>