Hello Sterling,

>> > Haven't you been reading the thread - there are no more methods! :)
>>
>> Ignorance is bliss.
>>
>> It makes no sense to drop all methods. IMO that'd be absolute nonsense.
>>

> Why?  Every one of these methods can be done with simple xpath queries:

> hasChildren()
> getChildren()

> ==

> /child::node()

> attributes()

> ==

> /attribute::*

> count()

> ==

> count(//self::node())

> This is why xpath was invented, and why its there in the first place.

That was neither my point nor that of the mentioned two methods. The point
is to enable interaction with SPL like other functions allow interaction
with DOM and hence XSLT. For some things i tried it was great to not being
forced to explain a colleague of mine the XPath standard. It is about easy
use - just like the initial idea i had of simplexml.

marcus

--
Best regards,
 Marcus                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]