> Hey,
>
> (a) Failure return value of FETCH_RESOURCE and the default return value -
> should we change it to be FALSE?  Today it's NULL, which is inconsistent
> with most of the functions in PHP which return FALSE on failure.  The
> downside is that changing it may break scripts that check the return value
> with === or !==

Should be NULL, not a boolean FALSE, IMNHO (*).  False indicates the
given operation was not succesful but everything supplied was in valid
boundaries.  At least that's how I see it, but PHP is across the board
inconsistent in this area, so I see no reason to break BC.

> (b) Default inclusion of the SOAP extension

+1

-Sterling

(*) In My Never Humble Opinion

--
"Reductionists like to take things apart.  The rest of us are
 just trying to get it together."